With Easter just around the corner, we thought we’d share this indulgent chocolate recipe with you. These brownies are really quick and easy to whip up – perfect for sharing with family and friends at an Easter gathering. We’ve added Cadbury Crème Eggs into the mixture as it’s baking as an added sugar kick - totally optional but pretty darn delicious!
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
275g Caster Sugar
6 Cadbury Crème Eggs (Frozen)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once glossy and melted, leave to cool thoroughly.
- Mix the eggs and sugar using an electric beater. This takes a good 3-4 minutes, the mixture needs to thicken up (approximately double in size) and become pale.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture to the cooled chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold everything together. Pour the mixture into a brownie tray (approximately 20x30cm) and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Whilst the brownie is cooking, cut the frozen Crème eggs in half. Once the 20 minutes is up, take the brownies out of the oven and gently press the halved Crème Eggs into the mixture.
- Bake for a further 10 - 15 mins or until cooked through or a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before cutting (if you can wait that long!)
Make sure the melted chocolate and butter mixture is completely cool before adding it to the eggs and sugar, otherwise it could scramble the eggs.
Take your time and be gentle folding the flour and cocoa through the wet ingredients mixture.
Run your knife under hot water before cutting into the Crème Eggs if you’re finding them difficult to cut.
Have some fun with the toppings if you don’t have Crème Eggs – caramel filled Easter eggs, Jaffas or just a dusting of cocoa powder.